ORAL PRESENTATIONS: The 2017 conference will use a one-track format; there will be no concurrent sessions. In addition to plenary talks, there will be several themed sessions of 7-minute oral presentations followed by discussion. We are using this method so that our speakers are provided a full audience for their presentations and so that our listeners can hear every presentation. The 7-minute talks should be structured as follows:
1st minute – Grab the audience’s attention
2nd minute – Summarize your project/idea
Minutes 3-6 – Provide the meat of your topic
Final minute – Summarize your project/idea again
POSTER PRESENTATIONS: Abstracts selected for poster presentation will be displayed all day and through the Poster Pub. Abstracts for presentations and posters should demonstrate clear relevance to the fields of invasive plant management and/or ecological restoration.
Abstracts can be submitted for either an oral or poster presentation. Authors should indicate their preference for an oral or poster presentation during the submission process. However, the Program Committee will make the final allocation of presentation format as it will not be possible for all to give an oral presentation. We encourage all those submitting abstracts for oral presentations also submit a poster – there will be plenty of time for discussion during the evening Poster Pub session on the first day of the conference.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Presentations are limited to one oral and one poster presentation per person. You can be listed as a co-author on any number of submissions.
- Confirmation of successful submission of an abstract will be emailed to the presenting author.
- All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Program Committee and an acceptance notification will be sent to the presenting author by email no later than
May 31, 2017(update) June 31, 2017. The email will confirm the mode of presentation (oral or poster).
Abstracts will be reproduced in the abstract publication exactly in the form they are submitted. Authors are therefore kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines. Failure to do so may result in the abstract not being accepted.
- Title: This should be a maximum of 20 words and typed in sentence case.
- Author(s): The presenting author should be listed first and up to five co-authors can also be included.
- Author Affiliation(s): The affiliation details of all authors (institution, department, city/town, state [if relevant] and country) must be included.
- Word Limit: The main body of the abstract text cannot exceed 300 words and should be text only.
Please submit abstracts to email@example.com
Deadline for abstracts has been extended to 5:00PM on June 12, 2017