What is MAIPC?
Join our listserv
Board & Officers
Plant List & Images
4th MA-EPPC INVASIVE PLANTS CONFERENCE
Invasive Plants: Research, Removal and Renewal
at the University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
August 15 and 16, 2007
Certain plants that have been introduced to ecosystems cause a great deal of harm and have become a threat to biological diversity. These invasive plants reduce populations of other plants and the animals that depend upon them. This is a problem we all face and we can all contribute to the solutions. Our quality of life ultimately depends on the health of our natural resources.
In this seminar participants found out:
- the extent of the invasive plant problem in the mid-Atlantic region;
- the latest invasive plant control technologies;
- native plants that are good alternatives for invasive garden plants;
- federal invasive plant efforts;
- how deer contribute to the spread of invasive plants;
- new technologies to measure and monitor invasive plant populations; and
- how native plant recovery prevents the spread of invasive plants.
Sponsored by the Mid-Atlantic Exotic Pest Plant Council & Morris Arboretum